Tuesday 8 April 2014

99. Elizabeth and the Queen at Buckingham Palace: The Archaeology of a Box (10)

[For the origin of this series of posts see blog 71. The Archaeology of a Box: Introduction (15th November 2013)] 


Within my box is another...


...and within that box a video...

 

...and four photographs of my sister Elizabeth with the Queen.


The occasion is Elizabeth's 1991 investiture at Buckingham Palace with an MBE for contributions to education and welfare services in the community in Nigeria.

Also in my large box I find a small blank envelope with photos of Elizabeth, my eighty-one year old mother and my sister Ruth taken at Buckingham Palace that day.






 

The three documents below were sent to me by Elizabeth a couple of weeks ago.




Elizabeth's MBE was announced in the Honours List of Saturday 15th June 1991. Elizabeth wrote to her friends explaining her decision to accept the award. 
   





No comments:

Post a Comment