Sunday 22 June 2014

103. Our Tributes to Mum:The Archaeology of a Box (12)



Mum died in 2005 aged 94. I last shared some time with her in 2004 when I spent two months in England. I was in England in August when my granddaughter Caitlin was born and Sharon joined me there for four weeks before our return to New Zealand in October. We visited Mum a number of times in her rest home. Mum gave Sharon, who she had not met before, her seal of approval.

I did not go back in March 2005 for her funeral but Ruth or Elizabeth sent me copies of the Service of Thanksgiving for her life and of the tributes each of us paid to her. I found these in my box of memories and reproduce them here. My tribute was read at the Service by Ruth.




Photos taken at St. Cloud's, near Malvern, Worcestershire, 27th September 2004.





No comments:

Post a Comment